RELATIONSHIPS by Toni Noble & Helen McGrath
The focus for Year 5 will be to help develop relationship skills by developing social skills for making and keeping friends, getting along well with others and being accepted and managing disagreements well. The Year 5 lessons will focus on:
- Getting along with others
- Listening and conversation skills
- Shyness and feeling self-conscious
- Friendship problems
- Seven ways of dealing with conflict
- Good apologising
- Having good relationships makes you feel happier and more confident.
- It isn't always easy to get along well with others and make friends.
- Most people have some lonely times in their life when they are without close friends
- Some social skills are especially important.
- Managing conflict well is an especially important relationship skill.
- You can't deal well with conflict until you keep angry feelings under control.
- Keep your eye on the goal of ‘good relationships'.
- Good leadership skills are like good relationship skills.